Monastic Roles and Administrative Organization
As the Brotherhood grows, it will develop offices that facilitate its life.
At first, most responsibilities are shared, as there will be just a few people. By the time there are twelve men in the Brotherhood, the Monastery will run as follows: The Monastery will have a complete structure of officers, the Abbot and/or Archimandrite; the Prior, the Blagochiniy; and the Economos, who are the Governing Council.
- Abbot (or Elder, in Greek usage), responsible for overseeing the whole operation and is the spiritual father, in this case Metropolitan Jonah.
- Kellenik, a subdeacon, who assists the Abbot as driver and secretary
- Blagochiniy, who oversees the details of the day to day operation, assigning obediences or jobs.
- Cellarer, who assists the Blogochiniy, and makes sure that all brothers and industries have what they need.
- Economos, who runs the finances, pays the bills and keeps track of the money, together with a bookkeeper.
- Ecclesiarch, who is the choir director and puts the services together and is a Reader; as well as a
- Sacristan, who keeps the church and vestments in order, cleans the church, and so forth, and is a Subdeacon.